Monday, December 04, 2006

So don't look for me in confession booth I'm with my paints, and my pens, and my dry vermouth trying to uncover some small truth...

Hey all,
Still trying to keep my updates pretty close together, I guess I'm not too far off!! Well, not a lot has been going on lately. Took in a Sarah Slean show last night with Kate (see the title above) and I gotta say that I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Not only was she a good showwoman but I really enjoyed the music she was playing. It's certainly not like your average everyday pop music in that the lyrics have some sort of substance to them. In fact, I might go so far as to say that she sort of reminded me of a more feminine version of a Kevin J.C. Woolridge. (Please Kevin, don't take offense!)

In other news, while I have been working full tilt at Sears, I've been enjoying myself. As the senior associate in the department I have certain benefits that I am entitled too. One of which is have all morning shifts, another being I can pick and choose my shifts pretty much. So I finally feel more appreciated in my department. For those of you who can remember I was feeling a little let down by how I was treated there, however, now I am feeling much better. I've even got compliments from the store manager on my work. Sheesh, I sound like a total nerd.

On to other work news, I got my second substitution job today, and again it was at St.Kevin's Highschool. This time around I was taking over for my old Homeroom and english teacher, the world-reknowned "Duff". It was pretty awesome being back in that classroom again, yet it was a little surreal being on the other side of the desk so to speak. I fought off the impulse to take a seat at the back of the room next to the door to the library, my old seat, but I couldn't stop myself from revealing my past with St.Kevin's with my students. It was also nice to know that I was remembered up at my old stomping grounds. I found two pictures of myself on "Duff's" wall that brought me back a bit. In fact I looked so different in those pictures I had to do a double-take. If not for Duane in one picture I wouldn't have even known it was me!

Other than that there was not a lot going down. As I've said, work has been pretty constant and pretty early which makes for a very tired Jon. The end result of a tired Jon is a crooked Jon and a sleepy Jon. So, needless to say, I have hardly found any time to do anything but lie around, watch t.v. or movies, or just vegetate. I can't wait for Christmas so that I can have a few days to just sit around and relax and enjoy the company of Kate, my friends, and family.

Oh yeah, on another Christmas sidenote, my Mom now has the entire upper section of our house decorated, including a fully decorated tree. Just fantastical!!!

Anyway, that's all for me.

Catch ya on the flip side,
Jondre.

2 comments:

SteveTP said...

I like Sarah too... but i like chick singers anyway.

Glad to hear the subbin' is going well.

Christmas eve - my place. Gonna be awesome.

kevin said...

hmmm...i'll have to start listening to her stuff. then i can decide wether or not to take you down. :P

ooh.i'm playing a gig on the 20th...i'll have the details up on the blog later on.