Monday, December 11, 2006

Play the best song in the world, or I'll eat your soul...

Howdy folks,
Well, the weekly updates are being kept pretty steady. Not a lot to say tonight though... just trying to keep up the updates.

Christmas:

That's right, Christmas is about 14 days away. That means only 13 days until Steve's Christmas Eve Bash and only about 3 days until Kevin returns home from England. I just finished getting all of my presents picked up so I feel a little more relaxed. All I have to do now is pick up some cards to go with certain gifts and I will be set.
I had a Christmas party with work last night at New Moon Restaurant. It was pretty good, short and sweet. Only three people from the Shoe department showed up, the rest were Men's wear and one fromChildrens, but all around good time. I got 2 presents! Sweet, though I may have to regift for someone who may appreciate them a little more.
I'm very excited for the holidays right now. Kate and I just finished watching Home Alone earlier today, and now we are waiting for both Frosty and Rudolph to come on t.v. (only 30 minutes). Man it really gets me in the Christmas Spirit.

Work:
Work is as steady as before. Starting wednesday I'll be working everyday straight through until next tuesday doing 7-3 shifts, then I have two days off, and then only three days until Christmas!!! Sheesh, where did the time go.
As for substituting, I believe I mentioned the surreality of going in for my former highschool teacher Mr. Duff, but, some good news, I was just called to go in again. This time its for a teacher I didn't have much contact with but I'm actually teaching as opposed to supervising, which is really what I have been doing the past couple of times I was called in. I'm sort of nervous though, I havn't really taught-taught since my internship at O'Donel, but, at the same time, I am excited to be teaching (especially since I will be teaching some Shakespeare!!! woo).

Other:
Not much else going on. Kate is finishing up her exams, her last one is tomorrow, which is pretty exciting. I'm happy for her. I mentioned to Chuck the other day that it seems odd that I'm not in the middle of exams right now. I don't have that same feeling of accomplishment that I did only a short year ago. Oh well, less stress on me. I think my real problem is struggling with the fact that I am now considered an adult, a grown-up if you will, and that sort of scares me. Really, I don't feel any different, or any more responsible. I still do that same things I've always done. It makes me wonder about the other so-called grown-ups out there. Lieing bastards.
Caught Apocalypto this past friday. I gotta say it was pretty good. I really enjoyed myself, and it was the first time that I was able to hang out with Chuck in a couple of months, so that was pretty cool.

Well, I think I will cut this update short. Afterall there's only a couple of minutes until Frosty comes one. I'll update this beast if anything crazy happens!

Catch ya on the flip side,

Jondre.

3 comments:

kevin said...

Apocalypto is getting shredded apart by historians. a few write ups on National Geographic about it. i still want to see it though.


dude i never want to grow up. i don't even think it's possible. adulthood is a myth.

SteveTP said...

I've heard it was pretty cool, but i'm just not interested - i don't know how he's managed to do it - but Gibson has yet to make a film that attracts my attention in his post-acting career. Which is a shame, as his stuff is beautiful from a visual standpoint.

kevin said...

too true my man...too true.