Sunday, November 19, 2006

I've got something to say....

Now, brace yourselves because there's been a lot happening...

First off, I think I mentioned in my last entry that two things were coming up: Convocation and my B-day. Both went ahead as planned, my Convocation on the 20th of October, and my b-day party on the 21st. The convocation was as anti-climatic and boring as always. The highlight of the night was getting Boston Pizza beforehand, which was damn good! Man I love there pizza, definately a close second only to Pizza Hut...sheesh. As for the convocation I was presented with my degree, had some pictures snapped and went home to watch the Tick vs. Season 1 on DVD. Woohoo! The next night was much better, me and Kate dressed up and awaited guests, all of whom were dressed for success. I think Chuck took the cake with his Rubix Cube costume though Andy and Tracy had a nice Pimp and Ho routine going ( though I have to say I was a much better pimp at the first annual Jondre costume/ B-day partay).

So, what else... hrmmm. Well, I've been working at Sears full-time lately, working mostly morning shifts, which has been pretty cool. However, I havn't been hearing much from schools in regards to substitute positions, and up until last week I was thinking a lot about moving away this coming september to any place that offers isolation pay and a full-time job just to pay off some bills. But, on friday, I got some good news in the form of my first substituting job! Oh it gets better, it was at my old alma mater, St.Kevin's High! Woohoo! Definately a good place to start my substituting career, I mean I knew the school and most of the teachers, how can ya ask for more?

Well, that was the big news. Otherwise, Kate and I are going strong - over a year and 2 months now. Kate is kicking MUN's ass this term and getting excellent marks, but we are both really looking forward to the Christmas break. Man, the Christmas bug hit me early this year. Kate and I went out and rented Elf and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation last night. Surprisingly we've held out on watching the Muppet Family Christmas but that will come soon enough.

Oh yeah, speaking of movies: Kate took me to see Stranger than Fiction last week. It was an excellent movie. Though it seems like it may be a comedy from the commercials, it is definately more of a drama, but with a premise that hasn't been done before, so it was extremely interesting. A great cast led by Will Ferrell and Dustin Hoffman, and, for those hardcore fans out there, Will does have his funny moments, but does a surprisingly good job in the serious moments.

Also, I guess you have noticed that I have changed my page format, spurred on by Kevin's change of scenery. It might take me a while to get my links and stuff back, but never fear they will come. I might take some time to customize this space a little bit, I've got some ideas, so keep a lookout.

Well, that's it for me. I should be tutoring or something I guess.
But first, some currents:

Watching: Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang/Elf/Lethal Weapon 2.
Listening: Nothing my car stereo isn't working yet again.
Reading: Tamas Dobozy - Last Notes/ Lisa Moore - Alligator
Playing: Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006
Eating: Nothing, coffee soon...
Writing: a new story possibly for the Arts and Letters competition.
Wishing: Must...be...published.../ They'd call me for my Tattoo consultation!
Wearing: Wouldn't you like to know...

Catch ya on the flip side,

Jondre the Giant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lookin good jon, lookin good. my mom's first sub job was at her old high school as well (holy heart). cool.

i CAN"T wait for Christmas. less than a month until I'm home. boo-ya!


dude, any pics of chuck as a rubix cube??

kev