Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Game: blouses...

Hola mi Amigos,

That's right, I've heard the masses screaming my name; screaming for more blogity goodness from ole Jondre the Giant, especially from Steve-O over at Blowin-Smoke. So, now you have it.

Sloth:
Yes, that's pretty much been the name of the game as of late. I've been doing practically nothing outside of working. Work for Jonny boy consists of a mixture of 7-3 and 6-2 shifts in the shoe department of Sears, which is not all that bad. It sort of feels nice to belong somewhere ya know? To elaborate: I've been working at Sears for 2 years and as of right now I feel that I know what I am doing there, so to work during the day (and pretty much every DAY not night) it sort of feels like I'm in the real world. It feels like I'm actually a part of something (workwise that is).

But Jondre what about those fancy degrees of yours?:
I might as well laminate them and use them for place mats. Since school has ended I've gone to one seminar for substitute teachers hoping to get work at O'Donel. Otherwise, I was finally able to get my shit together and submit the necessities for my substitute profile which is like a pool of substitute teachers found online. Somehow I don't think that my chances for getting substitution jobs is very good. On friday I think I may try and drop around some resumes/ portfolios to some schools to see if I can persuade them to call me up from time to time, but I'm still not going to get my hopes up.
By the by, its friggin' strange not having to go to school in september. I've participated in some type of school since Kindergarten. I've really had no breaks. So I feel like something is missing. On the otherhand, it is very relaxing to be able to go to work and leave my shit there and not have to bring it home (aka: homework). Perhaps that is why my motivation to try and get substitution jobs has been lacking: I'm finally able to relax and take account of everything.
I do feel bad that I am not writing as much as I would like. Most of the time I just veg out in front of the t.v. or my playstation, but I'm hopeing my lazy spell will soon end and I'll get my writing act together.

Writing? What about Writing?
Well, I've finally been able to submit the first round of stories to certain magazines/ journals. Hopefully I will at least hear some positive things back from them if not news that they want to publish me. I'm very anxious. I also have to start preparing some things for a couple of writing contests that are coming up. One is Prism's contest, and the other is the Arts and Letters competition. So hopefully I can get my ass in gear before their respective deadlines in January.


Speaking of parties...
My b-day is coming up in less than a month. I don't think I'm going to plan much of anything this year. Normally I have a costume party the week before our local Mardi Gras, but I don't know how many people would be interested. I've sort of lost touch in the last month or so. If I do have anything it will be the weekend before my b-day. I think my parents are going to be taking me to Boston Pizza. Yumm.
The day before that though is my convocation (Oct.20), so hopefully I'll get an ice cream cake from my parents or something. Woohoo.

One year +:
That's right, Kate and I have been together for over a year now. We celebrated by taking a night and going to the Keg and then stayed at the WinterHolme (which was pretty kick ass if I do say so myself!) Things are still going great between the both of us. Kate has now entered into school life and has returned to a job in the library (where we first met). I'm just trying to find time between our busy schedules to get together and hang out for a bit. Which usually consists of watching movies and falling asleep (we've both been pretty busy lately so we're always tired!)
But, I'm not the only one with relationship news around here. I don't want to go into much details due to privacy and not wanting to sound like a gossip columnist, but a couple of the homeboys found some women, and the aforementioned Steve-O has another bundle of joy on the way. Congrats my friend! If this one is anything like Abby, they'll probably take over the world. Which celebrity will come back in the form of this kid eh?

So that's about it for now. Here's some currents to catch you up.

Currents:
Watching: The Chappelle Show (Season 2)/ Walking Tall/ Dark City

Listening: Chris Kirby - Rum and Religion/ Misfits - American Psycho/ Misfits - Famous Monsters/ Rage Against the Machine - s/t/ Metallica - ...and justice for all

Playing: Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006

Reading: J.D. Salinger - The Catcher in the Rye

Writing: Bits and pieces.

That's it for now peeps.
Keep on rockin' in the free world!
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Jondre the Giant.



2 comments:

kevin said...

HAHA! An update! you dog you. very nice to hear what's happening my man. sorry i'll miss your birthday.. :(

glad everything is going so well..

now keep up the updates!

kevin

SteveTP said...

Welcome back senor Jondre - you have been moved out of the "slackasses" column :)

We'll have to wait and see on the celebrity thing i guess - see who dies the night the next one is born (Liam if it's a guy, either Emily or Samantha if it's a girl most likely).

Cheers bud,

Hopefully we can all get something on the gee-oh on or abouts the beerthday.

Boston Pizza is awesome.