Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Off the Coast of France, Dear.

Yo,
It's been quite the while, but in all honesty, I've been pretty damn busy. Why you ask? Well, school is almost over!!!! WOOT! Yep, as of this friday, Aug. 4, I am done (well, except for that pesky exam on the 9th, but that's no biggy).
So, what's new? Well, quite a few things.
This past weekend was a blast. On saturday night my cousin Victor married his long-time girlfriend Becky. It was a very nice affair, and it was fun to get together with the family again. Kate came along, much to her horror, and had to put up with my mom's side of the family for the whole night. But we got up and danced a few times. Songs like: Styin' Alive, Jump Around, and the Twist (we imitated John Travolta and Uma Thruman to that one) got us out of our seats. It was a good time, but I didn't get drunk enough for my tastes.

The next night was just as fun. Kate and I had a kick ass bar-b-q, in which I charred most of the meat but I didn't hear too many complaints. Chuck dropped by and we force-fed him some food as well. After that me and Chuck went out to Steve's house for a bachelor party! Yeah! That's right, Steve is now only a few days away from marriage so we had to obliterate him! First we went to Dooly's for some pool games and drinking, then we headed back to Steve's place, all the while feeding him drinks and "party favors" as Andy likes to call them. I was a little worried that the force was too strong in him (he took a beating; we were buying him 2 to 4 drinks at a time) but int he end it was too much for him and he was wrecked before I left. As for me, I had the good part of a dozen beer, a jug (my old friend) from Dooly's, and even a couple with supper. Needless to say, I was a little drunk, but Kate took care of me when I got back to her place!

Oh yeah, did I mention that Kate's parents are gone out of town for like a week and I'm staying there? No, well that's the case and it is pretty damn awesome! It's like a brief vision of the future. I just hope Kate doesn't get sick of me and try to nail me with a frying pan or something. Oh well, only time will tell.


But more fun times lie ahead. That's right, we have Steve's wedding this saturday, and I can't freaking wait! As well, school is soon gonna be finite-o for me (perhaps for good), and we have the regatta coming up which means the day off for me as well! Plus after this weekend I have another week of holidays coming to me from Sears! Holy shit Batman, I can't wait. Alls I gotta do is make it through this week and I'm set. The bad thing, I've already started acting like I'm finished up.

So here's what I expect out of the rest of my summer:
- A cabin run (you hear that Steve and Russ?)
- A roadtrip with Kate
- Some sleepin' in
- Some writing
- and some well deserved relaxation.

Well, that's it for now, trying to make these mor short and sweet. Here's some currents for ya:


Watching: Motorcycle Mania/ The Crow (Collector's Edition)
Reading: Micheal Redhill - Fidelity
Listening: The Tragically Hip - Yer Favorites/ Monster Magnet - Dopes to Infinity/ Anthrax - We've Come for you all/ Anthrax - The Threat is Real/ Al Green - Ain't no Sunshine

Playing: Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 (yes, it has swallowed me up again)
Eating: Nothing...Mac and Cheese soon though.
Wishing: This week would go by quicker/ I could get published.

Over and Outta here,

Jondre the Giant.

1 comment:

SteveTP said...

Dude- We have come for you All and The Threat is Real are freakin amazing.

There will bve a cabin run, there may be fatalities :)