Thursday, June 22, 2006

"6 Hours Before, With an Evil Grin..."

Hey there,
Sorry I havn't updated in a while, but between school, work, and life I've been somewhat busy. But I guess now is as good a time as ever to catch everyone up.


School and Life:
Well, the reason that I've been so busy lately is that one part of the summer semester I've been trying to make it through has been coming to an end. There have been various projects to (start) finish, and tests to study for. I have been a pretty big slacker so far this term and I think my marks are starting to show it, well at least in testing purposes. In assignments I've been kicking some major ass. But as this part of the semester comes to an end three classes (or parts of classes) that I have enjoyed are going bye-bye. Now I am faced with more boring and less inviting classes that will not promote in me a great amount of drive to attend, and my attendance has been less then stellar as it is.

Life is pretty much the same. My relationship is still going great with Kate; it's really unbelievable how easily we get along. About 10 months and not one fight yet. Sheesh, that's gotta be some kind of record. That's it, Knock on wood, I don't want to jinx it by going into more detail!

Things for Steve's wedding has gotten underway. The groomsmen all went out to get fitted for our tuxes the other night. That was fun. We all havn't hung out in a long time. They managed to wrap som fabric around me and toss some shoe boxes around my feet, so I'm good to go. We then proceeded to Dooley's for some billiards action. We havn't done that in a while. The only thing missing was Kevin and Russ nailing him in the crotch with a misplaced cue ball! Man, I can't wait for that wedding! Next up is the bachelor party, woohoo!

Finances:
Well, I've finally come to the end of the money I told you about a couple of weeks back. But I did manage to get some use out of it. Bought some good food, watched some good movies, and bought more dvds. Me and Kate most recently took in X-Men 3 and The Break-Up. Both pretty good, though I think lacking in some areas. However, I would still recommend them, and they will be future entries into my DVD collection.

Speaking of the DVD collection, I bought Motorcycle Mania 3: Jesse James Rides Again, a little while ago. Back a couple of years I was a big fan of Jesse's, I watched all the Motorcycle Manias and Monster Garage. I have recently moved away from him and his West Coast Choppers, but I still really like this movie. Sort of a documentary, it details a year or two in his life. Pretty interesting stuff, and some pretty kick ass choppers. The best thing about the movie is the soundtrack though which included Down, Corrossion of Conformity, Fu Manchu, and Danzig. The movie single-handedly rekindled my interest in Fu Manchu whom I havn't listened to in a long time!

Entertainment:
Hrmm.. well, I think I touched on some of this stuff above. Seen some movies, bought some movies, began listening to some rocking tunes for the summer.

Ah yes, well, lately here in St. John's the weather has been pretty kick ass. So to take advantage of the good weather, Kate, Elizabeth (Kate's sister), and I took a trip out to Salmonier Nature Park yesterday. It was pretty fun, though it must be early in the summer for them cuz some of the animals were not in their "enclosures" yet. And, it was so hot, the animals we did see were flaked out taking power naps. Lucky bastards! Oh well, we'll head back at some point this summer I'm sure.

On the literary scene, I was unable to continue reading Pierre Burton's Joy of Writing becuase the summer heat has made me too lazy to concentrate on such hard and fast rule. I moved on to a new book called Fidelty, the author of which I forget at the time being (I am writing this from MUN). It is a book of short stories (my favorite) and from what I've read so far it seems pretty good. I'm very interested to read what Kevin has cooked up over in England though, the rat bastard living out the writer's dream!

What Else?

Well, I've decided to finally edit the short stories I have laying around and I'm going to send them off to see if they will get published. It's a very nerve-wracking experience, but if it is ever gonna happen it's going to be now. I've got 3 or 4 stories I can send off to different magazines, so hopefully at least one of them will be accepted. I think I might have mentioned this in the last entry, but now I'm actually going to go through with it. Oh well, wish me luck!

Here are some more currents for ya!

Watching:Motorcycle Mania 3/ Ghostbusters/ Predator Sp. Ed.

Listening: Summer tunes (Fu Manchu/ Tragically Hip)


Reading: Fidelity (author unremembered)

Eating: Nothing...

Wishing: To be finished school/ to be moved out/ to be published/ to have money again!

That's it for me true believers,

Catch ya on the Flip Side,
Jondre the Giant

6 comments:

kevin said...

dude, do you know if Chuck got my measurments? i emailed them to him a while ago. damn you and your pool playing. i haven't played in a very long time. good luck with the magizine submissions. hope it all goes well. I'm hoping to have a first draft for reading when i get back, but i've been real slack these past few weeks. gotta get back at it.

bachelor party better be when I'm there dude!

Jondre the GianT: said...

Kev: No man, I'm not sure. I think Chuck is in Gros Morne for the week. You should probably send 'em over Steve's way so that we can set 'em up at the ole rental place. We told 'em to just reserve a child's tux for you so it should be no problem either way.
Hrmmm.. certainly an over abundance of " 'em" s.

SteveTP said...

Welcome back Jon!

I've got Kev's Measurements, i think
better foreward em to me kev, just in case man - e-mail the suckers - i'll print em off and send em to the tux joint.

Jon - The Fu are awesome man! I've had California Crossing, Start the Machine, and King of the Road in heavy rotation for the last few months...

kevin said...

will do steve-o. got em wrote down here somewheres...hehe

I'll send em to your msn addy in the morrow.

Jondre the GianT: said...

Steve = See, I don't have "Start the Machine" yet... I really need to pick that up or somethin'! YeesH!

SteveTP said...

hell yes, "Written in Stone" is one of my two fave Fu tunes alongside "Seperate Kingdom".