Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Coffee is a food group isn't iT?

Welcome back,

Well, well, I havn't updated here in a little while so I guess I should catch you all up.

School and Life:
Now 3 weeks into my final term in the Education faculty. I can't freaking wait til I am done with this place. Plus with all the talk about moving out surrounding me (mostly from Chuck) I really want to get out on my own. Chuck is moving out this thursday or friday, Steve and Sarah have their own house, Kevin is in London, Russ is out with Lisa (i think?) and Mooch has been out with Dawn for a good while now. Freedom is what we are talking about here I think. So hopefully, If I am able to get some substitution days in september or october (and onwards) plus some extra time at Sears, I might be able to pull it off. I think Kate is starting to feel the need to leave the nest again as well. She's been telling me about some possible kitchen utensils and plates that we should get from her workplace. So here's hoping somewhere in the future.

Finances:
In other news, I might have mentioned that I would be coming into some money, well I did, and here are some of the spoils of it:

DVDS:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The Crow (Special Edition)
Dark City (Special Edition)
Napolean Dynamite (Freakin' Sweet Edition)
Waiting (Raw and Uncut).
The Machnist (a gift from Kate :) )
CDS:
Tool - 10,000 Days
Matt Mays and El Torpedo - Cocaine Cowgirl
OTHER:
New Balance Sneakers
Converse Sneakers (gift from the parents)
"Publish or Perish" Journal

Now for those of you keeping count that makes my DVD collection about 122. Not too bad, but far, far, far away from what Steve got.

Entertainment:
In other news, Kate and I attended Steve's BBQ this Saturday past. It was pretty cool. It reminded me of the golden days of the gang, broughtback some memories and all that jazz. We had some killer bbq on Steve's awesome new grill, drank, chatted, etc. I was finally introduced to Guitar Hero and managed to be half decent in a couple of songs.... well, I never failed anyway. I gotta say, it was pretty fun.

I took monday off (skipped one of my classes) and Kate and I just hung out all day and relaxed. We took in The Davinci Code and I was pleasantly surprised. I had been expecting the worst from the reviews and from what my friends have been telling me, but I found it pretty good. Not one of my top 5 movies of all time or anything, but it was decent and enjoyable. I think I may pick it up when it comes out on DVD. Next up is X-Men 3! Woohoo!

Finally finished Fight Club monday night. I really enjoyed it, a little different from the movie and I believe a bit better. The afterword by Chucky P. was pretty funny as well; very interesting. I think that it has motivated me to try and write again. The next day I couldn't put down my little notepad/journal thingy. I think I may start sending some of my stuff out. I won't really hear any response until the fall, but I guess I should give it the old college try. If I get published I'll be exstatic!! I got about 3 or 4 stories lying around, now all I have to do is figure out where to send what! Hrmm...

What Else?:
Been thinking of getting involved in something a little athletic lately. Well, I've always thought about getting involved in the local Pro Wrestling scene, and now I know Johnny Zero as the local legend that he is...creating suplexes and stuff, so maybe he could take me under his wing, teach me the ropes (pardon the pun) and make me a wrestler. I'm definately big enough for it... maybe more cardio and more weights to my morning breakfast would be fine. I mean, me and Johnny Zero could become popular tag champs until I turn on him and we would have a brutul rivalry that would end in blood shed. lol. If this ever came true maybe my theme song would be Kyuss - Demon Cleaner, Megadeth - 99 ways to die, or Queens of the Stone Age - Someone's in the Wolf. Lol, I think it would be fun. Then again, there is going to be Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes starting somewhere around town. With that kind of training maybe I could become a Cage Fighter. That would be fun too. Kate actually suggested it, not that she wants me to get the crap beat out of me, but she knows that I am interested in it. :) However, I think the theme song choices would stay the same.
All-in-all I think these are just pipe dreams. My back is probably too bad for me to do anything like that, but it's fun to ponder over.

That's it for me, I'll leave ya with some currents:

Watching: Fight Club

Listening: MP3s (Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Dani California)

Reading: Frank McCourt - Teacher Man, Pierre Burton - The Joy of Writing

Eating: Stackables (soon...soon).

Wishing: I could get published; I could get another Tattoo.

Catch ya on the flip side,

Jondre the Giant

7 comments:

SteveTP said...

The double J connection! The rest of the punters would live in FEAR! You guys would be the scourge of the local wrestling scene!

Glad you guys had a good time, hope to do it again real soon, with a fire this time! Damn Rain!

Fight Club - man i enjoyed that book immensely - overall i preferred the movie i think, but that little epilogue in the book was BRILLIANT! God sits behind a big wooden desk, he's got lots of papers on his wall in frames, he gives me pills etc. VERY funny stuff.

Jondre the GianT: said...

I agree, the movie certainly has certain things in it that can be argued as being a little more coherent, or believeable. But, I just like the way that Chucky P. presents the whole thing to us. And yes, the God thing was awesome! lol

kevin said...

moving out and finances are intrictely connected. my advice: stay home!

just kidding dude. hope you can do it man. where's chuck moving?

bbq sounded great..i had a bit of a bbq as well...in sweden. man oh man what am i doing?

damn you and your dvd collection...i think we're about par now..or maybe you've just passed me..argh..i can't buy any here since they are all region 2 (and i have no money)

and to conclude i will but you in a figure four leglock and go for the submission win! HAHA

Cptn-Grey said...

I seem to recall you failing twice at guitar hero... one was 98% tho... It's funny how i remember stuf like that! :P

SteveTP said...

Welcome to the century club Jon by the way - over 100 DVD's ;)

I just hit 794 ;)

Jondre the GianT: said...

Andy: I lost? I thought I won... the newspapers said that I rocked anyway...hrmm, maybe I'm not used to that game yet.

Kevin: Damn right I've surpassed you, lol. But curses on you and your figure-four leg lock! Everytime!!
When you getting back here man? I want a rematch!

Steve: 794? Holy shite man... that's crazy and impressive. :P
BTW: You like my little messages on your dry erase board? lol

SteveTP said...

Which ones were yours? :)