Monday, May 01, 2006

"By the time you read this, you'll be older than you remember."

Bookend post I guess.

This is officially the last day of my week-long sabbatical from work, school, and anything else. As well, it is a week and a day from the beginning of my last term in school. Exciting, but more bitter sweet because I can't really enjoy the summer. Oh well, there will be random events throughout the summer that have me excited. Steve's wedding being one (where's my invitation bitch?), my cousin's wedding, and a couple of possible weekend trips along the way.

The summer really makes me crave for two things: BBQs and Road Trips. I've had BBQs now I need a road trip. I don't think the ole Neon can handle a road trip anymore though. As it is the muffler is just about shot, the brakes aren't what you would call responsive, it shakes (like the enterprise hitting warp 10, with good ole Scotty shitting his pants) when I make it over 100 (km/h), and, to make matters worse, whenever it rains out the radio won't work for 2 days! It's really a bummer, oh well, maybe it can handle a short trip.

The week was pretty relaxing. Had some time to myself and some quality time with Kate. Spent a few hours at Chapters reading and writing again... watched some movies and just hung out. I took in "A History of Violence" on Friday. I gotta say, it was pretty good, but the ending left me a little disappointed. Not enough of a resolution I guess. I understand that there is some sort of resolution, some little signs, I guess I just wanted a small glimpse into the life afterwards. Movies certainly are getting very "literary" in their approach and tactics lately. The ending of "A History of Violence" is just one example. It's like something out of one of the many short stories I've been reading lately. At the same time though, I should remember that "A History of Violence" was based on a graphic novel (or I think that's what I heard). Anyway, I enjoyed the movie. It was rather short and to the point, but it left me wanting more.

In money news.... I have none. Well, not any for me. Both Kate and I are doing very good with budgetting our money to get our respective debts down. Kate's will be gone well before mine due to the outrageous amount that I owe in student loans! Yikes! But when we have our debts taken care of (at least to a comfortable point) the plan is to try and move out. Hopefully, by that time, I'll be getting some decent substituting hours (maybe even some full-time action) with some help from part-time work at Sears. I think our plan is to move out sometime in early next year (Kate can rectify me on this if it is wrong!), so here's hoping we can stay on track.

Well, here's some "Currents" for ya!

Watching: Forrest Gump/ A History of Violence/ Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban.
Reading: Oblivion - David Foster Wallace/ Diary - Chuck Palahniuk
Listening: Nothing, my car got wet yesterday.
Playing: Smackdown vs. Raw 2006
Eating: Nothing, just drinking some second-rate cola.
Wishing: I was published; I was finished school; I didn't have to go to work in the morning.

That's it for now.
Catch ya on the flipside,
Jondre.

4 comments:

SteveTP said...

Dude - i need a bbq!

Road trip would be awesome - Cabin outing in the not too distant future i'm thinking - definitely a "guys only" night before the weeding ;)

You'll get yer invite beeyotch - i only finished designing em yesterday, getting em printed this week sometime :)

Campfire in my backyard before the month is out - spread the word :)

SteveTP said...

screw you... freakin Tool fan - that says a lot fer yer taste right there... Probably weren't enough boobies and 'splosions for ya ;)

Jondre the GianT: said...

Man! I've been dying for a cabin run! And a BBQ would be pretty awesome man! Just let us know and we will be there!

Anonymous said...

hey Jon, just popped over too scan the ol blog, seems like things are going well for you, so that's awesome I've very glad to hear it... I'm living in Stephenville now... nuts eh? Very much the el sucko asshole of NL but I've got myself a great guy here so that's all that matters! What did you think of Palaniuk's "Diary" btw... I didn't like it nearly as much as "Suvivor" or "Lullaby". Anyway, I've got lots of time to read these days... any suggestions?

Anyways lots of love to you and Katie, take care!