Sunday, April 23, 2006

Don't You Forget About Me...

Greetings true believers,
Yet another update from me...what's that? 3rd one this week? Sheesh, I must be going for a record.

So today is the first official day of my week-long vacation from Sears, school and everything else. I'm looking forward to the time just to relax and do a whole lot of nothing. The shitty thing is Kate is going to be working non-stop all week, so I won't get to see her as much as I had expected this coming week, but at least it will be relaxing.

The plan worked out on Friday, and Kate and I ended up at chapters for 3 or 4 hours, just reading or writing. It was nice.

Work was a bit better Saturday, I felt a little more relaxed, but it was busy and the last day there for over a week so maybe that's why I felt a little better. I've begun to get a few extra hours now, but I still don't have as much as other people who have been there even less than me. It sorta sucks, and it doesn't do a whole lot for my opinion that the Shoe department doesn't really appreciate me. Oh well, I'll ask about the available hours in the other department when I get back and weigh my options. Things aren't looking good for the show department though.

Geek Update: As you all probably know, I've been playing Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006 since I got it for Christmas. In saying that, I havn't found it as engaging as other wrestling games I've played... I just havn't been that into it. However, now I have found something that has peaked my interest. New to the game this year is a "General Manager" option. In this, you become the manager of a t.v. show, or brand, and sign wrestlers, make matches, and try and get the most ratings or play to the audience. The major downfall is that there are no cool movies and you don't really get to see rivalaries to playout (except in matches) but it is pretty fun. I've only recently discovered that you can import Legend characters, and created characters into the game, so now I am rocking some of my own created characters and a couple Legends just for fun.
(P.S.: Sorry for the geekiness involved in the above, but this is probably what I'll be doing during my vacation, so it is sorta on my mind).

Literary Update: I have finally finished a short story that I have been working on, off and on, since last summer. It's about 5 and a half pages unedited right now, but I think that it is pretty good. I gotta put it through the ringer now though, and let Kate take a look at it, as well as read over it myself before I can proclaim any kind of success in it. I'll keep you posted. I am hoping that now that I have finally finished this story I can move on to something new more successfully. I think that this is the way my brain works, it focuses on one thing until it is done. If I don't finish it, I can't move on to anything else. Now, hopefully I won't have a major case of writer's block and I'll be able to kick out some more stories and maybe get something published. BlargH!

That's it for now, I gotta go do something productive.

See ya on the flipside,
Jondre

No comments: