Monday, April 20, 2009

Picking Up the Pieces

Well, as promised, I'm back. It took a little longer than I had expected, but there has been some stuff I had to work through; some stuff I still have to work through. So to start this is just going to be an overview of what I want to accomplish with this blog and why I've come back to it.

The main reason that I have come back to WritingKind is that I believe that my writing has suffered from the lack of practice that this blog provided me. My old blog posts were relatively well written with good structure and made some kind of sense. My goal with this rejuvenation is to focus on my writing technique and skill, and, in saying that, feel free to comment, criticize, or rant at me for bad grammar or writing - I can take it.

Another reason I have returned is that this blog has always provided an outlet for the things that I going on in my life. I think that I really need something like this in my life, particularly at this point. I am really pocking up the pieces of my life and trying to find out where everything fits again and it's not easy. I'm hoping that this blog will help to guide me.

The final reason I am revisting WritingKind is to keep track of or be a record of my fight back into shape. I'm hoping that a public journal of my progress will help me get motivated to do something (anything) to make myself healthier, and feel better.

After saying all of this I would like to note that despite the above, I really do not intend to be this somber because it's just not the type of person I am. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with the blog and not lay it down like I did before. Please keep an eye out as I look forward to hearing your input, but for now I'm done. More to come tomorrow.

Over and Out,
Jon

No comments: