Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter ya Filthy Animals!

I don't know if I'll have a lot to say today, but I'll give it a try.
I finished up my internshup this past thursday. It was sort of a bittersweet day for me. I know that I have been complaining a lot about it, but really that was the focus of one person. In terms of my students, I was really just getting used to seeing them everyday, talking to them, and teaching them. I knew most of them and had some sort of dialogue with each of them. Some made me some homemade "we will miss you" cards for me, which I will keep as a reminder of my internship, others gave me hugs. I really believe I will miss them somewhat. I will certianly miss teaching them. They were interesting cats and kittens!
But, in the long run, I passed. Yep my supporting teacher actually passed me. Not with flying colors but with some good remarks and so on. So now all that's left is some school over the summer (ugh!) and then I am finished!

In other news, it's Easter. It hasn't been very exciting for me this year, aside from the fact that I get a break from my internship and a break from doing anything challenging in general. I just have to put up with work at Sears now until school starts up again in may. In terms of work, I'm really not feeling the love lately. I'm not really feeling motivated in my position at the shoe department. When we first moved over to the new store
I was considered an expert considering I've been there for over a year, but now I get ordered around by people who have only been there since november. It's starting to get on my nerves. Maybe I'm just being a big baby, but I don't feel like I am getting the respect I should, and it really is preventing me from being motivated while working. I have been thinking about switching departments, but I really don't know.

The weather has been extremely nice lately. On friday Kate and I were able to take a stroll around downtown early in the morning. Being a holiday it was one of the only times that we have had off at the same time. It was fun, we got to just enjoy the weather and check out some of the shops around there (window shopping of course). We discovered a guitar shop that neither of us knew about before, "boogaloo" so we will be checking that place out the next time there is no holiday and we are both off. We then proceeded to watch Snatch (my choice) and Alley McBeal (her choice) for the rest of the day with some beer to keep us company. It was an awesome day all around!


I've been thinking lately about getting another tattoo. I know how painful the last one was, but I can't help myself. They really are addictive! I think I want a quarter sleeve done on my right arm (the arm that is a blank slate for now). The only problem is I don't really know what to include in it. Oh well, I don't hav eany money now, so I really shouldn't be thinking about it!

Anyway, I guess I should head off and eat some chocolate.
Catch ya on the flipside,
Jondre.

2 comments:

SteveTP said...

I must admit...

Ally McBeal is awesome! :)

Jondre the GianT: said...

Yeah, I was somewhat surprised by the wit and humour...though you could sort of tell that Calista Flockheart had just puked up a cheeseburger, fries, and a milkshake.