Tuesday, April 18, 2006

And my radio plays Methamphetamine blues, and tell all the news...

Hey all,
I'm here at MUN and I just finished correcting a set of tests from my level one class I didn't get done before Easter break. I still have a level two test to correct but I forgot it at home! It is only 5:50, and I got til 10 before I blow this pop stand, so I figured I could leave a quick update.


Not a whole lot new since I last updated though. Easter Sunday I went to Kate's father's house for Easter Dinner, and it was pretty good. Chicken, turkey, dressing, gravy, potatoes, yumm.. it's making me hungry just thinking about it (all I had today was Kraft Dinner and toast!). After the festivities we decided to try and catch a movie, but there really isn't anything of interest in the theatres right now. I guess they are waiting for the summer blockbusters to start appearing.

Left with really no other choice, we decided to see "The Benchwarmers" the Adam Sandler (Happy Madison)produced comedy of 3 grown-up nerds taking on a slew of full teams of children and properly kicking their asses. The movie was okay. If there had to be something good in there (say X-Men 3 or Pirates of the Caribbean 2) I wouldn't have dreamed seeing it. However, it had some good moments. Really, it was your average nerd revenge movie, but some of the humour had a Sandler feel to it without Sandler actually delivering. Jon Heder and David Spade stole the show, along with some minor characters, particularly Mitch(?) the aging movie store clerk. I was sort of disappointed that Sandler didn't make a guest appearance, but that is the breaks. Out of 5 I would probably give this one a 2 1/2 or 3. Check it out on video but not on the big screen.

Probably the highlight of the movie was the previews, well one in particular, X-Men 3: The last Stand. I have been a fan of X-men for many, many years. I've loved the previous 2 movies (especially the sequel) so I am very, very excited for this one. There are a lot of mutants making appearances here, from the preview you can definately see Juggernaut, Dark Phoenix, Collosus, and Beast, but I'm sure there will be more. The only disappointing thing is that I don't believe Nightcrawler will be making a return. If anyone can tell me otherwise please notify me. All-in-all it is probably the most anticipated movie of the summer (for me anyway).

Well, that was my Easter Sunday. The next day, Kate, Elizabeth (her younger sister), and I took in another movie, Ice Age 2: The Meltdown in a daily showing. It was pretty good. I liked the first one, but wasn't totally hardcore over it. This one had a little more appeal to it from my perspective. Some pretty funny things happen in it... almost Shrek-esque at points so it was somewhat enjoyable. I'd probably give this movie about a 3 or 3 1/2 out of 5. Again, a renter.

Speaking of work, I am still not quite as happy in my position as I would like to be, and the lead of the CSDs (cashiers) is putting up a strong argument for me to join them. I justify it as being sort of like trying to move up in the job place. If teaching doesn't pan out and I am stuck at Sears, maybe I will be able to apply for a management position with the amount of varied experince that I have. On the otherhand, I am a pretty loyal person and shoes is a pretty reliable place for me to be. Plus, being on cash means that I am on my feet for my whole shift! Ugh, I'm so lazy. So I'll keep you updated on my decision, but I don't know when, or if, I'll decide, but it is looking good for my change of position.

Oooh, I just found someone's roll-up-the-rim and it has a free coffee on it!! woohoo! That's something else I can do to pass the time.


Anyway, with that thrilling installment of the Jondre-blog, I will leave you. Perhaps I will take a look at some literary journals and try to decide where I can send some stories and make a name for myself.

Catch ya on the flipside,
Jondre.

2 comments:

SteveTP said...

Yeah myself and Sarah were standing there looking at posters Tuesday night - Lucky Number Slevin, The Inside Man (which is supposed to be awesome according to marcus and johnny zero) or V For Vendetta. We would up saying fuck it and hung out at Chapters all night ;) Silent Hill Saturday evening though!

Dude, i'd go for the move as well - if Sears treats ya anything like they've treated Jeff, you can always go back ;)

Jondre the GianT: said...

Man, chapters is the place to be! Kate and I can't get enough of that place! If she decides to be sick tomorrow night, we will probably be hanging out there from 4 to close! lol

As for the move, yeah I think I may do so. It is only a move from one department to another, but at least it will be a change of scenery and of pace!